BMW RIDERS ASSOCIATION OF THE MID-SOUTH, INC.
The BMW RIDERS ASSOCIATION OF THE MID-SOUTH (BMW RAMS) is a BMW motorcycle owners organization founded for the purpose of promoting association among BMW motorcycle owners. It is intended that the BMW RAMS, Inc. serve as a medium to afford members a means of expanding contact with other BMW motorcycle owners in the Mid-South area and with other BMW motorcycle organizations.
BY LAWS (EFFECTIVE AS OF OCTOBER 05, 2003)
1. Each Voting Member must either own a BMW motorcycle or be a spouse of a person owning a BMW motorcycle and pay yearly dues.
2. All Voting Members must pay $15.00 per year in dues.
3. BMW RAMS, Inc. will be chartered by the BMW MOTORCYCLE OWNERS OF AMERICA, Inc. and also by the BMW RIDERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
4. Any Legal Incorporation of the BMW RAMS, Inc. shall be in the state of Tennessee.
5. The BMW RAMS, Inc. will have three officers, elected annually. These Officers will be: President; Vice-President; and Secretary-Treasurer. Their duties and responsibilities shall be:
A. President :
1) Preside at BMW RAMS business meetings and BMW RAMS sponsored events.
2) Conduct BMW RAMS business, including maintaining of the BMW RAMS as a non-profit corporation in the state of Tennessee.
3) When appropriate, determine the selection of a chairman for BMW RAMS sponsored events.
4) Determine the time and location of association meetings.
1) Substitutes for the President in his absence.
2) Sees to it that a monthly newsletter is prepared and presented on a timely basis.
3) Maintains contact with the BMW MOA and BMW RA, informing these organizations of changes in BMW RAMS status.
4) Organizes and plans, during temperate months, association rides.
1) Maintains custody of BMW RAMS funds and provides monthly reports.
2) Procure and maintain custody of BMW RAMS supplies.
3) Publish and maintain the BMW RAMS membership roster.
4) Responsible for maintaining minutes of each business meeting.
6. An elected official can be removed from office for not performing properly the duties of the elected office. A member in good standing can make a motion for a recall vote if a second to the motion is present. The vote has to be taken at the next two consecutive monthly business meetings. A 2/3 majority of votes by members present is required to remove the elected official from office.
7. Election of officers shall be at the January business meeting. Officers will assume the duties of their elected positions at this meeting as soon as the vote is taken.
8. The BMW RAMS business year shall be from January 1 to December 31.
9. No formation riding, uniform dress or projects will be imposed on members.
10. In the even of dissolution of the BMW RAMS, Inc. funds left in the treasury after all bills are paid, will go to a charity selected by a majority vote.
11. BMW RAMS, Inc. is not responsible for actions taken by members.
12. These By-Laws may be amended by a 2/3 majority vote of the members present at two consecutive meetings after advance notice is given to all members, by mail,
13. The current edition of “Robert’s Rules of Order” will be used for any situation not covered by these By-Laws.